Reporting to the Head of Operations and dotted to the Head of Facility and Energy Management, your role will be to deliver a friendly, efficient and pragmatic Facilities Management service to the business and its employees into the Interporto site. Managing a variety of different work environments (office, warehouse, studio), ensuring best practice and providing advice on property management, procurement and security issues, as well as monitoring health and safety, and ultimately ensuring a safe, pleasant and productive working environment for all our staff.
The Facility Manager arranges and supervises all activities relating to contracted facilities services:
- Inspect facility to determine deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement;
- To develop and implement FM performance benchmarks to ensure FM enables the company to achieve its objectives;
- To manage own workflow in line with personal and company goals, ensuring consistency and best practice;
- To develop plan and implement projects and act as lead on allocated specific projects firm wide (e.g. relocation, refurbishment projects, procurement, planned maintenance);
- To design, implement, document and maintain facilities processes and procedures that are consistent across each location to enable the support needs of the business to be provided as a cohesive function;
- To provide and maintain appropriate and reliable site utilities and facilities in each location to facilitate people in their day to day roles;
- To work with the Directors of other Department/Area to ensure that the needs of the business are balanced between necessity, impact on company culture and budget.
- Support the Security Manager into the project and installation of all electronic and physical security systems including CCTV surveillance, access control, guarding, monitoring and alarm systems;
- Liaising with managers to ensure full and proactive business support is provided to their areas of responsibility; reviewing existing services provision and implementing appropriate changes as business needs require;
- Ongoing reactive and planned maintenance to fabric, premises and building services, to include decorative and refurbishment works, obtaining of Landlord and planning consents for building works; project management to delivery of all required works;
- Achieving and maintaining all relevant statutory compliances for the workplace environments, including Health & Safety work practices and requirements, Fire safety requirements, Environmental management and Risk assessment etc;
- Maintaining good Landlord and Tenant relations and achieving effective relationships with Managing Agents;
- Continuing to provide an effective Emergency and Out of Hours response service in support of the business; maintaining and reviewing an appropriate Business Continuity plan for facilities and office services support;
- Develop and implement long term space planning for the business to match the business needs to the real-estate resources within the budget requirements;
- To lead negotiations on Lease on acquisitions , renewals and reviews and service charges for the site.
Procurement and Contracts Management
In line with Procurement Group Policy the Facility Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Request and review bids from companies for completion of contract work. Request amendments to or extensions of service contracts. Inspect all repairs/work done prior to approval of final payment;
- Coordinate and liaise with building management, internal and external contract service teams, vendors and construction personnel;
- To manage third parties and ensure supplier relationships are appropriately handled and optimized;
- Managing tender process and monitoring supplier performance;
- Selection, negotiation and sourcing of all main services and utilities, office equipment, catering equipment, furniture, audio visual equipment, cabling and equipment, signage, dictation equipment and all other equipment testing (except IT) required in support of the company’s business activities;
- Selection, negotiation and sourcing of all contracted, soft, services through specification and market testing, Management and performance monitoring of all term and periodic external contractors providing services and support;
- Working with Head of Global Facility and Energy Management and Finance Dept. to develop annual budgets, forecasting and maintaining expenditure within agreed parameters.