We are currently seeking a Travel Assistant to work in our Office in Italy Bologna or Milan to support in arranging global travel across our business. The Travel Assistant will arrange transport and hotel & accommodation for all employees globally, being the link within travelers and travel agency. The ideal applicant would have previous experience in arranging travel either in-house within a business or within an agency environment and should be proficient in English and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Provide a cost-effective, efficient and proactive travel program for all staff, contractors, visitors and guests worldwide;
- Utilise creative solutions to drive down average costs;
- Keep up-to-date with new travel products, e.g. hotel openings in key markets;
- Managing bookings based on priority, sending estimates and approval requests, booking travel, sending documents plus reminders and additional information in a timely manner and ensure that the whole traveller experience is positive;
- Supporting use of the internal tool;
- Assisting with reporting and analysis;
- Monitoring the travel agency research every trip to find lowest-cost solution and find cheaper travel alternatives to contain costs;
- Managing requests from Top Management and special guests (VIP visitors/contractors);
- Support colleagues during emergencies and assist with travel insurance claims;
- Supporting management of colleagues’ preparatory travel information, such as emergency contacts;
- Ensure that all travel aligns with the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP travel policy and enforce company Booking Procedure and Travel Policy, ensuring proper authorization;
- Ensure expectations are managed at an early stage;
- Supporting updates and revisions of the company travel policy;
- Other office administrative and ad hoc duties as required for the Travel Department and ensure secure storage of sensitive data.